You need that book, you really need that book, but someone else has beaten you to it. There’s still hope! Place a reservation on it and soon it will be on our reservation shelf with your name on it.
Just follow these easy steps to reserve your book:
- Find your out-of-stock book on the catalogue, it will look a little like this:
- Click on the yellow ‘Reserve this item’ button
- It will take you to a screen like the one below; just put in your borrower number which can be found on the back of your student card
- Click on the ‘Reserve’ button
- And a message saying ‘Reservation Placed’ will confirm your reservation.
- We will send an email to your unimail when the book is ready to collect.
Anything else I need to know?
- Your book will be held on the reservation shelf for seven days from the date you receive the email saying the book is ready to collect.
- You will need to borrow the reservation using the kiosks as normal.
- You can only place a reservation against an item when there are no seven-day or standard loans in stock.
- You cannot reserve a reference book.