Hello and WELCOME to our new students!
Have you explored the Library yet? The Library is the perfect quiet space to work, and the Martial Rose Library team is here to help you access the resources you need. We’re here to help, so please don’t hesitate to speak to our friendly Library staff at the desk!
You can visit the Library online by going to our Library intranet pages, where you can familiarise yourself with Library resources and databases, and use the Library Catalogue to find the books you need.
Or for Library basics and FAQs, take a look at our How Do I…? page, where we answers questions such as:
– How do I take out and return books?
– How can the Library support me?
– What top tips do you have for using the Library?
– Who is my Subject Librarian?
Come and find as at Freshers Fayre on Saturday (24th September), where we’ll have lots of freebies and information to share with you! We are running plenty of competitions too, where you can be in with a chance to WIN a pair of free cinema tickets or a £20 book token!
But before then, why not come and visit our Welcome Trolley on the top floor where you’ll find FREE maps, stationery, bookmarks, post-its, and more! Here for one week only!
Finally, a few housekeeping points…
– The Library is divided into two sections, quiet study and silent study. Please keep noise to a minimum. Group work is permitted in certain areas, read our ‘Fair share: how to share the library with other people‘ blog post explaining the areas within the Library.
– Food and drink (other than bottled water) is not permitted in the Library. You can eat and study in Cyber Italia (KKB) or the Learning Café.
We hope you have a wonderful time studying here at the University of Winchester, and we hope to see you in the Library soon!