Please note this is the Welcome blog post for 2016 cohort of students and some information is out of date. Please read our latest blog post: Welcome Freshers 2017!
Hello and WELCOME to our new students!
Have you explored the Library yet? The Martial Rose Library is the perfect quiet space to work, and our team of friendly library staff are here to help you access the resources you need. We’re here for you, so please don’t hesitate to visit the Library Enquiries Desk if you have any questions!
You can visit the Library online by going to our Library intranet pages, where you’ll be able to familiarise yourself with resources and databases, and use the Library Catalogue to find the books you need.
For Library basics and FAQs, take a look at our How Do I…? page, where we answer questions such as:
– How do I take out and return books?
– How can the Library support me?
– Who is my Subject Librarian?
– What top tips do you have for using the Library?
Come and find as at Freshers Fayre on Saturday 24th September, where we’ll have lots of freebies and information to share with you! We are running plenty of competitions too, where you can be in with a chance to WIN a pair of free cinema tickets or a £20 book token!
But before then, why not come and visit our Welcome Trolley on the top floor where you’ll find FREE maps, stationery, bookmarks, post-its, and more! Here for one week only!
Finally, a few housekeeping points…
– The Library is divided into two sections, quiet study and silent study. Please keep noise to a minimum. Group work is permitted in certain areas, read our ‘Fair share: how to share the library with other people‘ blog post explaining the areas within the Library.
– Food and drink (other than bottled water) is not permitted in the Library. You can eat and study in Cyber Italia (KKB) or the Learning Café.
We hope you have a wonderful time studying here at the University of Winchester, and we hope to see you in the Library soon!