Hello and a big warm welcome to our new students! Have you explored the Library yet?We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with your studies. The Martial Rose Library is the perfect quiet space to work, and our team of friendly library staff are here to help you access the resources you need. We’re here for you, so please don’t hesitate to visit the Library Enquiries Desk if you have any questions!
You can visit the Library online by going to our Library intranet pages, where you’ll be able to familiarise yourself with resources and databases, and use the Library Catalogue to find the books you need.
For Library basics and FAQs, take a look at our How Do I…? page, where we answer questions such as:
– How do I take out and return books?
– How can the Library support me?
– Who is my Subject Librarian?
– What top tips do you have for using the Library?
Come and find us at Freshers Fayre on Saturday 22nd September, where we’ll have lots of freebies and information to share with you! We are running plenty of competitions too so come along and meet us!
Finally, a few housekeeping points…
– The Library is divided into two sections, quiet study and silent study. Please keep noise to a minimum. Group work is permitted in certain areas, read our ‘Fair share: how to share the library with other people‘ blog post explaining the areas within the Library.
– Hot Food and smelly food(!) is not permitted in the Library. But you can eat cold food and there is a coffee machine on the bottom floor of the library but please leave the library tidy after you have finished! You can also eat and study in Cyber Italia (KKB) or the Learning Café.
Don’t forget that the Library has many diverse resources to not only help you with your studies but to also keep you entertained during any study breaks you may have, including a great range of fiction, comic books, CDs, and reference DVDs!
We really hope you enjoy your time here at the University of Winchester!